Wednesday, June 23, 2010

a letter to Our Past.

i've decided that it's going on my shoulder,
facing towards my collar bone.
it's going to represent him, us, and the future.
the future, where you have no part in.
it'll go on my right side because on my left i have a milk-spot birth mark that i adore.. have you seen it?
but anyway. this feeling i have, it's almost crazy.
so much that it affects me when others interfere.
over the years, i THOUGHT i knew what it felt like,
to know that feeling when somebody interfered.
but i didn't.
& i can no longer deny these feelings,
as much as i try to refuse them.
this is real, LOVE is REAL!
jealousy.
envy.
bitterness.
resentment.
yes, resentment.
these are all the things that come with love.
so when someone from the past tries to come in & (unconsciously) break what i've built up.....
oh, it enrages me.
but quietly.

yes i know where i stand in his eyes,
& i know i'm not coming down from this high horse anytime soon.
i don't ever plan to, actually.
but did you know that?
'cause you're disrepecting me, disrespecting US..
without even knowing what you're doing.
so cut the shit.


Sincerely,
Deborah R. Rodrigues
(i sign my name in full when it is a matter i feel strongly about)

P.s. the past is your place. & the human brain has this thing called memories.
keep them there with you.
in the past.